Always

"God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble." (Psalms 46:1)

Reading today's verse of the day, I cannot help but think about how my faith is often clouded by human cynicism.

I've been a father for merely five weeks now, but I've never felt such an urge to help another person. Naturally, I love helping my wife on a daily basis and seeing her in trouble causes me great distress.

But with your own flesh and blood, it's a whole other level. I desire to be his refuge...I want to be his strength...and I am always ready to help him. Since he was born, he has developed his means of communication - albeit rather slowly. At first, I had no clue what he needed.

You see, 'trouble' in a baby's life presents itself in several shapes and forms. Sometimes, it's not getting out a burp. At other times, it's changing the sleeping position. 'Trouble' is relative to a person's situation! A baby is quite helpless without its parents help and guidance.

What stands out, though, is that I always want to make sure he is protected and guarded against every enemy. It actually gives me a framework for how God might look at me and all his sons & daughter.

Verse 2 says:
"So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea."

When you know that the almighty, ever-present God of the universe is always ready to help you, then you have absolutely no reason to fear...anything! He sees your trouble, he sees your pain, hurt and hears your cries of distress.

Just remember: ALWAYS.

Comments